Thursday, August 03, 2006

Here's a story...'bout a gnome named Grimmy...

My friend Josie gave me a cute little gnome earlier this year - b/c she knows how much I LOVE gnomes! Well - Grimmy was sitting on my desk, keeping me company each day - helping me with my managerial decisions. Well - one day, one of the trainers on my team decided to STEAL Grimmy! The NOIVE. Anyhoo - my manager was visiting and saw the 'wanted' posters and shared with me that the stealing of gnomes is what they are all about - next thing I know - Grimmy has gone 'a-wandering' and I started receiving photos of him roaming across the country as he visited all the different call centers my company has. Anyway - the first picture here is from his first wanderings - Unfortunately, Grimmy fell in with a bad crowd who influenced him to start smoking....eek! (The title of this picture when it was anonymously sent to me was 'Gnome gone bad'










next, we have Grimmy recreating with some new friends, playing air hockey...










Most recently - Grimmy had come home and was back to helping make some pretty hefty corporate decisions - it was GREAT having him back helping me each day - well - we hosted a group of facilitators from across the North American Continent (people from as far away as Surrey, BC- near Vancouver) and someone asked about the gnome - so Grimmy decided to come down and visit the group. Later that day - Grimmy had decided to indulge his wanderlust again - and today I received a few pics!! He is definitely feeling very pretty in the first pic. He is so secure in his masculinity - I would not be surprised to see him in a utilikilt soon!!!










And this last picture is the most disconcerting - the title was simply 'LUNCH'. I hope to see some new pictures soon that indicate he has escaped from this perilous situation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cats a finicky critters, I sure hope Gnomes are not to their liking.
Found you on the Yarn Harlot blog.

Kim said...

OMG That is hillarious! Perhaps Grimmy was not wearing the boa but in the company of a lady who was wearing a boa and he is just all snuggled in.