Thursday, July 27, 2006

Takin time to smell the...flowers?

So here is the third of my little lambz - Stefen. He was so thoroughly intruiged by my newly-felted flowers for my garden party bag, he had to stop his roaming of the house to check them out!

n.b. - I have found that after a good felting and swirling through the spin cycle - these gorgeous flowers love an evening sitting in a double-walled tumbler or roll of painter's/packing tape (depending on whether they are 10-petalled or 5 petalled flowers respectively) to assist in their ability to hold their curvy-ness.

After the first 30-40 minutes of reminders that it is fine to smell the flowers - not chew or roll on them, Stefen finally settled down for a short summer's nap.
once he settled down for his nap and the pups were tucked away, I was able to plow into my first box from KnitPicks - some lovely Wool of the Andes - to work on a holiday gift - blueberry color - and wool for my entrelac bag I wanna work on...


Oh- it is time for my first TAG!!!

Thanks Janna!

5 Things always in my purse:

- L'Occitane Lavender Hand cream
- Bare Escentuals' Escentual Cinnamon Quickstick (lipstick and liner in one)
- magnetic clip on sunglasses
- Santa Fe Hemp mint lip balm
- my cell

5 things always in my wallet:
* driver's license
* Debit Card
* Borders Rewards Card
* Starbucks rechargable card
* miscellaneous receipts

5 things always in my fridge:
- Simply Limeaid
- bottle of wine - current flavors (white merlot and a malbec)
- various cheeses
- little cups of sugar-free jello and fruit
- cans of La Croix water (usually lime flavored)

5 things always in my closet:
* piles of shoes
* a dress I want to fit into (again...someday - turquoise raw silk)
* some sari silk my mom gave me from when she was in India
* various tees and blouses for work
* knits my grandma made me - cable sweater, lacy scarf, and the Dr Who-esque scarf that was the first thing I knit when she taught me

5 things always in my car:
- St Christopher medallion my folks gave me with my first car
- lots-o-change
- my Lone Star Espresso frequent drinker card (only two more and I get a free coffee buzz)
- a Canada charm my friend Bob gave me
- navajo beads and elephant bell hanging on the rear view mirror

5 things on my desk (at home)

* sharpie marker for labeling cd's
* pens and pencils
* advance screening card I got when I saw Wallace and Gromit - The Curse of the Wererabbit
* html cliffnotes Kim printed for me
* millions of cd's - the 5 in front of me now - Josh Groban 'Closer', Paul Mc Cartney's 'Chaos and Creation in the Backyard', Del Amitri 'Change Everything', 'Big Band Favorites' and Tori Amos' 'Tales of a Librarian'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome kitty.
Read you're tag. :D

enid

Amysatx said...

I can hardly wait to see the purse when it's completely done! Cute kitty pic!