Friday, October 12, 2007

Coffee, Fiber, Music - all addictions...

Hi - My name is Mary. I am an addict. (I can hear you all saying "Hi Mary!") I know the first step is admitting I have a problem - but I don't know if I can call it a problem...but I do know they are addictions....Anyhoo - this post will share some of my favorite and most recent addictions...

Coffee. Java. Joe. Mud. Love it morning, afternoon and night. So much so that when I heard about something that combines Coffee and one of my other additions (yarn) I had to join! I am a member of the Knitters' Coffee Swap 3!! I wanted to get my answers onto the blog asap for my new pal Rachel. So without further ado - here we go!

1. Whole bean or ground? Whole bean – I grind my beans as I brew them – it’s the whole experience – the sound of the beans, the feel of the grinder in my hand, to the smell of the freshly ground coffee – unless I am taking it to the office – but I am gonna hoard my goodies from my partner for myself!
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Fully Loaded, of course.
3. Regular or flavored? Either.
4. How do you drink your coffee? Creamer and splenda
5. Favorite coffee ever? Gingerbread flavored (a new seasonal special at Candlelight - great news since S***bucks doesn't have the G-B Lattes till November...) and Mochas. One of my two favorite local coffee house has this concoction – chocolate orange sunrise – omg is it great.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? Not too fussy..but it has to be good…
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Rice krispy treats, snickerdoodle or dark chocolate chip cookies, dark chocolate all by itself. Lately I have been jonesin for a good slice of pie..hmmmm
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? Only that if it is supposed to be hot - I want it HOT. Steaming Hot. If you have other questions - just ask.
9. Yarn/fiber you love? Mountain Colors’ Mountain Goat, Brooks’ Farm Fourplay, Wool/silk blend, merino wool (they are all natural fibers, soft & non scratchy)
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Novelty yarn – I got a bit out of control when starting into knitting and my stash is overflowing with lots of novelty yarns
11. What's on your needles? My first sweater – Bombshell from Big Girl Knits, Clapotis from Knitty, Entrelac scarf, Market Squares Entrelac bag, My So Called Scarf,
12. Favorite colors? Jewel tones – Purple, Green, Teal, Orange, Pink
13. Allergies? Cloves!
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? No – this is one to leave alone – no need to get me on a soapbox….

That is enough about the Coffee - and a good start on the YARN....Here are some pics of my wips!





First - My entrelac scarf - Mountain Colors Painted Rocks Colorway (I am totally bummed that the color is discontinued - but I have stocked up!!)

















Next - my Crapotis....LL's Lion and Lamb - Watercolor colorway, Knitpicks Options size 8 - I am about 1/2 way - 7 repeats of the straight rows here - and almost 2 skeins used. I am loving these colors!









Finally!!! Bombshell, from Big Girl Knits - Brooks' Farm Riata on Knitpicks Options size 8....(next time I will use Fourplay - no mohair)




And for my final obsession of the night...MUSIC!! - I found Girls and Boys! The Ingrid Michaelson album. I love all the songs - My faves are The Hat (see below for a free listen - I knew I liked her - she KNITS!!), Overboard and The Way I Am. Check it out - It's available at Borders!!! Support indie musicians!

More later this weekend. I am going to go catch Elizabeth: The Golden Years...mmm movies the other obsession!




5 comments:

janna said...

What? You've sworn off the novelty yarn? ;-)

Amysatx said...

I'm with you on the novelty yarn! I'm knitting with some eyelash yarn for my hedgehog and it's driving me nuts! Have fun with your coffeeswap!!

Kim said...

Did you know that on Monday and Tuesday all CDs are $11.99 @ Borders (for Reward members)? I've been wanting this cd...Best Buy is always out!

Have fun with the swap! I got my pal yesterday too :)

Unknown said...

I just entered Ingrid Michaelson into my internet radio station and the very first song that came on was "the Hat" and so far she is AWESOME!

Mrs. G. said...

HI MARY!