Wednesday, November 07, 2007

It's beginning to look alot like...

Nope.

I can't say it.

I WON'T say it.

Remember the good ole days?

Tonight I have seen no less than 5 commercials for that holiday with a jolly old elf. [see - I still cannot bring myself to say the holiday yet.]

I was taught that the 'C' season did not begin before the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade ended and that guy dressed in fur from his head to his foot, his clothes all tarnished with ashes and soot- shows up.

Thats THE RULE!

But NOW - you walk into stores before Halloween, and there is all the stuff...the trees, the lights the candy???? Who wants candy that is over 2 months old? Methinks that it is all getting more and more commercial.

Where is the good old days?

There you have my rant for the day. What do you think?

Should there be rules or no?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you I can't believe how early stores are advertising the "c" holiday. I did not start seeing commercials for it until after the 1st of November but still that is too early. I don't understand it. why do people feel the need to push that holiday on the public? Grrrrrrrrrr. I agree with you it all needs to start after thanksgiving. At the end of the Macy's thanksgiving day parade.

Unknown said...

Comment number two. I just ran down to our legal offices and to get there I have to go through one of the cafeterias and there's a starbucks down there (and don't get me wrong the "red cups" make me gleeful) But it's the 8th of November! I could be wrong but I thought that they gave us at least till almost thanksgiving or after thanksgiving to decorate for the "C" Holiday. Rant over I promise this time.

Amysatx said...

I saw Christmas trees up for display at Hobby Lobby over Labor Day weekend. It was quite disturbing!!!