Monday, November 05, 2007

Make new friends, but keep the old...

One is silver and the other's gold. So goes the song that I learned when I was in Girl Scouts.... It was sorta corny at the time (as we sang it in rounds).

Just before I went to AZ, I decided to see if I could find one of my friends that I used to hang out with - we were virtually inseparable. We did pottery together for eight years, worked for competing financial institutions and went to movies and plays and museums all the time. When I moved to TX, we lost touch. And I always missed her.

Well.

I was lucky enough to be able to find her brother, who forwarded all my info to her and we connected! We talked several times during the week I was there for an offsite meeting. Friday we met (at Joes - yummmm see below) for dinner and we stayed up almost all night! 4am we fell asleep watching a movie and then up at 630 to go to the BEST little dive for breakfast - Carolina's - and then to the airport so I could fly home.

I wish I had more time to spend with my friend - I cannot wait to see her again! We had so much fun..Here we are after dinner getting some FABULOUS gelato at a little mom-n-pop store...

1 comment:

Enid said...

Oh how exciting to be able to reconnect with old friends.