Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Mojo is Baa baa... Baaack!

Yes - I had lost it - my little lambz weren't the only thing lost. There was no knitting mojo. I don't know if it was work stress (significant at times), home stress (no big stress I can think of), 'lack of pie' stress (keep reading) or ... knitting stress.

I know - hard to believe it - but there was definitely some knitting stress lately.

really.

no - seriously.

See - I was trying to crank through my first sweater - and was doing pretty well... until... I had a bad pie experience (the kind where you dream of pie - then think you are getting primo pie, then end up not getting it) - but I was dealing - I was gonna sit and knit on my sweater while the others ate - it would be fine.... So I pull it out - and start to knit......things are going swimmingly - and then..... it happened.

I am using Brooks Farm Riata for the sweater. Not cheap. You would not expect to see a KNOT in the yarn - and not even in the middle - but 2/3 of the way through. You gotta be kidding me. AND it would be in the front of the sweater.

I decided to just fold up the sweater and put it back in the baggie. Haven't touched it since.

That was not the end of the knitting stress...nope. I picked up my crapotis - thinking I could finish it for my trip to AZ - NOOOO. wrong.

I took it with me to a local pub for SNB night...to crank some out. Took an additional set of US8 needles since I pulled them off the crapotis to get the sweater going. I should have known...bad ju ju on the sweater....bad ju ju on the crapotis....

So I sit down and try to unscrew the little cap things off the Knit Pick Options cable to then add the needles - nope. Can't get it off. Several others try, to no avail. [editors note: for those of you who are faint of heart - it doesn't get much better].

So enter David. If anyone can get the caps off - he can.... So he tries to twist them off - thinking I was just being a girl. hmmm. twist. Twist... TWIST.

NADA.

Then he gets a coaster and a rubber band to get more grip....twist... Twist TWI..uh oh.

The metal flange pulls off the cable...and won't go back on. ARRRGGGHHHH.

So - no knitting on the crapotis. Good thing I had a Young's Double Chocolate Stout in front of me. And the ability to get more delivered to me with little/no effort. (I won't even go into the fact that when I tried to change to the 40" cable, the join was not a good one - so that cable has to be replaced too....ugh)...nor will I mention how many stouts were sacrificed to the knitting deities that night.

The good news in all this is that I called Knit Picks and they are sending me replacement cables - should be in the mailbox by Saturday. More to follow on the crapotis saga.

The good news is that I picked up a stalled project and it is ALMOST 1/2 done already!! I still got it!

More to follow - tomorrow! It is NaBloPoMo! Daily updates - no promise re daily pics...gotta run!

1 comment:

janna said...

Eek! At least it was the cable, not the needle. And were you using the little pointy thing through the hole, or just doing this manually?